Friday, October 9, 2009

Portrait of an Artist - Diego Riveria Film Screening

I am currently working on a wall mural project at the child care center on campus so Professor Avalos has recommended some materials for me to research. He forwarded me the documentary film titled, "Portrait of an Artist - Diego Riveria.

I screened this video once but then had to go back and review it again because I wanted more time to see the images of his artwork. Riveria is a wonderful artist but most importantly, he is a great artist to research because all of his work was very politically charged.

I've always wanted to find a means to make my art more than "just a pretty picture" and much like Simon Silva, Diego Riveria is an artist who does this. He uses his art to communicate his views and make a stance in what he believes. Th film talks about how respected he was but also how he worked on projects that were stopped mid-stream because other officials did not approve of his views.

No comments:

Post a Comment