Thursday, April 30, 2009

Art Walk Experience - Artist Jacqueline Shaw

On Sunday I attended the Art Walk in Little Italy and was just overwhelmed with the diversity of art and design everywhere. There was so much to look at and so much to take in and it was far better than reviewing art online. One of the artist that caught my attention was Jacqueline Shaw. She is from Mexico and her work is amazing. I find myself being drawn to the style and it appears to me to be somewhat of a grunge painting style and I enjoy it very much.

After viewing her work at the show I came home to check out some of her other works online.
http://www.jacquelineshaw.blogspot.com/

Her work has some surrealism in it but I love the use of various layers of images that are combined to create a mood or perhaps tell a story.

Her work makes me want to pull out my easel and brushes! This summer I will be attending CSU Summer Arts in Fresno and I look forward to painting.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Marilyn, hope to see you this year at SD Artwalk, April 27 & 28.

    Jacqueline Shaw

    ReplyDelete