Thursday, April 30, 2009



After reviewing several artist-painters and how they apply paint to create a grunge type style I decided to focus in on grunge web sites. This is definitely the style I enjoy most when doing any kind of graphic design because it allows me to apply layers much like I do in painting as well as combine various styles together. I once had a professor who tried to steer me in a direction that would force me to pick one style and stick with it. I always had trouble with this notion and fought it. I've now stumbled on the style I enjoy the most. I feel it has a "creative" appeal and really is "design". So much of the "corporate look" bores me to tears whereas the grunge look is more expressive and depicts the style of the artist whether he/she be a painter, a graphic artist or even musician. Grunge is the look for today and I expect it will be around for sometime.

The website that led me to this image as well as many other exciting web designs is:

http://sixrevisions.com/web_design/30-beautiful-examples-of-grunge-in-web-design/

No comments:

Post a Comment